This is a non-exhaustive list of current goals made possible with the support of our generous patrons.
Short term goals
- Parse .eh_frame section in PPU analyser and use this information in LLVM recompiler.
Medium term goals
- Properly support some PS3 features like MSAA that are lacking at the moment.
- Implement RSX reports which are missing at the moment.
- Improve audio and video decoders for better speed and compatibility.
- Improve controller support. This includes emulated controllers (with mouse or keyboard) and real controllers as well.
- Add low-latency ASIO audio backend for Windows. With ASIO4ALL, it will work great on most modern hardware.
- Implement LLVM recompiler backend for SPU. This is actually a tremendous amount of work to make it useful, but it will also give the very important speed improvement (unless the SPU is not used at all).
- Improve LLVM flexibility. For example, it could scan game folder for all executables and SPRX modules and recompile them ahead of time.
- Implement PPU executable chain-loading.
- Improve solution structure, move and rename some files.
- Improve SPRX loading and unloading. This increases compatibility a lot.
- Implement missing syscalls. Allow to LLE more system modules.
- Write automatic tests to minimize bugs.
- Implement savedata manager. Currently it doesn't have user interface.
- Implement (the rest of) precise PPU Interpreter.
- Enable hardware acceleration for decryption (AES-NI). (#2457)
Long term goals
- Enable higher rendering resolution to play games at any resolution, for example 4k instead of 720p in Demon’s Souls or Persona 5.
- Enable extra graphics options to support extra rendering features, such as custom anti-aliasing modes.
- Support booting from original game discs.
- Implement user manager.
- Support mic, camera, USB peripherals, etc.
- Implement network functionality.
- Implement every system module in the emulator. This will allow the emulator to work without the PS3 firmware.
- Improve game compatibility by fixing bugs and missing functionality.
- Continue to improve emulation speed and accuracy.
- Improve performance and compatibility of all renderers.
- Implement MFC_DMA_TAG_CMD_STALL_NOTIFY_EVENT and other SPU events.
error_code from syscalls and functions to enable error reporting.
- Improve embedded debugging tools (CPU, RSX, Kernel Explorer).
- Implement simple thread pool (Thread.cpp)
- Implement BPIP for synchronization primitives.
- Implement minimalistic YAML adaptor in "C++11" style which preserves map element order.